God of This City by Chris Tomlin
You're the God of this city
You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation
You Are
For there is no one like our God
There is no one like our God
Greater things have yet to come
Great things are still to be done
In this city
Greater things are still to come
And greater things are still to be done here
You're the Lord of Creation
The Creator of all things
You're the King above all Kings
You Are
You're the strength in our weakness
You're the love to the broken
You're the joy in the sadness
You Are
Greater things have yet to come
Great things are still to be done
In this city
Where glory shines from hearts alive
With praise for you and love for you
In this city
Greater things have yet to come
Great things are still to be done
In this city
Greater things are still to come
And greater things are still to be done here
So when Chris first played this song I was kind of iffy on it, ya thats cool but nothing special, but after hearing the story of how it originated, I was completely blown away and the next time we sang it I really could feel the power of God in the words. I do not remember all the details of how the song came about and do not want to butcher such a powerful story but just believe me when I say that God put this song into the hearts of some people and it is going to make a difference.
O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing as done by David Crowder*Band
My great Redeemer’s praise
The glories of my God and King
The triumphs of His grace
My gracious Master and my God
Assist me to proclaim
To spread through all the earth abroad
The honors of Thy name
So come on and sing out
Let our anthem grow loud
There is one great love Jesus
Jesus, the name that charms our fears
That bids our sorrows cease
‘Tis music in the sinner’s ears
‘Tis life and health and peace
He breaks the power of cancelled sin
He sets the prisoners free
His blood can make the foulest clean
His blood availed for me
So come on and sing out
Let our anthem grow loud
There is one great love Jesus
He speaks and listening to His voice
New life the dead receive
The mournful broken hearts rejoice
The humble poor believe
Glory to God and praise and love
Be ever, ever giv’n
By saints below and saints above
The church in earth and Heav’n
So come on and sing out
Let our anthem grow loud
There is one great love Jesus
Jesus, the name that charms our fears
That bids our sorrows cease
‘Tis music in the sinner’s ears
‘Tis life and health and peace
So come on and sing out
Let our anthem grow loud
There is one great love Jesus
There are so few words
That never grow old
There are so few words
That never grow old
Jesus
So first of all, David Crowder is just amazing. His ability to make music out of the craziest things blew me away at the conference. Just from watching him I knew he had to be extremely smart, and I loved how much he got into the music and really seemed to be worshiping with it. But as for this song, I really like the way he took a beautiful old hymn and made more "contemporary" while still keeping the original beauty and depth of the music and lyrics. If anything I'd say he added a little to its beauty.
So for now, those are my top two. But as I continue to listen the cd even now there are more coming up that could be up here as well. Just get the cd. Its awesome. Let it lead you into woship of our Almighty Creator. He deserves all our praise and this cd does a great job of giving it to Him.
4 comments:
I'm just like you. My favorite song on the album is whatever I'm listening to at the moment. I especially enjoy (what I call) the "lift your banners high" feeling of all the songs. For the two songs you picked out, that feeling comes out strongest for me in the lines "Greater things are still to come/And greater things are still to be done here" and " So come on and sing out/Let our anthem grow loud/There is one great love." Also, though Charlie Hall wasn't at the conference, I'm particularly drawn to his two on the album.
hey. i miss you!
Katie has a blog! This makes me happy!
I'm an oaf. I meant to say, "Elizabeth has a blog!" Geez. Sorry about that! I'm glad you're blogging...that is all I meant to say. I've enjoyed them so far!
Post a Comment